Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Friend Gets All of the Guys Attention

14-year-old Anonymous from Canada writes:

Dear Chauntel,

First off I want to start by saying I really love your videos and you give great advice.

One of my best friends that goes to school with me is very pretty and I feel like because of that people like her more espiecally boys. Whenever we walk down the hall together people always stare at her and not at me. I don't feel very pretty and confident. I dont know what to do if I should tell her how I feel and how to be confident in myself. During the second week of school at least 5 guys claimed that they liked her or thought she was hot and pretty. I am really frustrated angry and jealous of her. I need your advice I don't know what to do.

Hello Anonymous,

I encourage you to stop worrying about the attention your friend is getting. I want you to refocus your energy on appreciating the beautiful person that God has made you. Beauty can be seen on the outside, but it is what is on the inside that attracts people. Whenever you begin having those negative thoughts about your friend I want you to think about all the reasons that are not physical that make her beautiful. I then want you to think about all the unique and beautiful things that make you, you. Attention from guys will come, and go. It may seem like a very important thing to you right now, but you will soon learn that just because a guy has the hots for you does not mean that he will respect or treat you right. Don't rush this, in due time you will meet a guy who will love in you inside and out. I can assume that you may possibly be feeling this way because you may be seeking attention from your parents that you have been lacking. Not to worry my dear, you are going through puberty. Your body is going through a lot of changes, but this too shall pass!

Watch this video:



I Hope This Helps!

Chauntel
askchauntel@gmail.com
www.askchauntel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment