Friday, September 17, 2010

Teen Internet Dating

15-year-old Butterfly writes

Hi Chauntel,

I met this guy online (he's legit, i made sure) and we've only been talking to each other for about 2 weeks now, but I am in love. Over the past two weeks, we've only gone one day without talking. A few times we've IMed each other for about 5 hours straight. Once, we stayed up talking until 3:38am! But suddenly he seems to have gotten less excited about our friendship. When we first started talking, he would end our conversation with something like "aww! i have to get off, sorry!" but now he just goes offline without saying anything. He also is spending more time talking to other girls. I know everything about him and he knows everything about me and I think that he may still be interested but I'm not sure. We have so much in common and have discussed all the important topics such as our future, if we want kids, what we want to be when we grow up, phiolosophy, politics, religion, music, literature, our family, drugs, alcohol, smoking, sex, friends and everything possibly imaginable! We have the same views on practically everything and are very compatable. I love him and think about him daily but I don't know if he feels the same way. I would love to just come out and tell him about how I feel, because I really trust him... but I worry that it might ruin our friendship. I also worry that the longer we take to further this relationship, the more opportunities other girls will get the change to have him. We live in different states but I am moving to his state within the year, so we would eventually be able to see each other.

Hello Butterfly,

I think you are too young to try to date a guy on the internet. Internet dating can be dangerous. You cannot be in love with someone who you haven't met. I would advise you to continue be friends, but don't make any meetings. You never know who might show up. It is not in your best interest. Get to know some of the guys at school!

I Hope This Helps!

Chauntel

askchauntel@gmail.com

http://www.askchauntel.com/

2 comments: