Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Black Hair Twists

17-year-old Jazzy from the US writes:

My bangs are all frizzy. my mom is Guatemalan and my dad is from Africa. so my hair is really hard to tame. i don't want to put a weave in because the last time i did it damaged my hair like BADLY. its also hard straighten it. it just looks weird and greasy and its all damaged. the relaxer doesn't help at all. i love my hair when its curly, its just soo pretty! but when i put moose in it, it looks pretty at first, but when its like dry it looks all short! its just horrible! i want it to be curly! and when i have gym 5th period i have to go the whole rest of the day with frizzy bangs! i just want my hair to look pretty even after gym, throughout the school day and maybe for the weekend. please help! :]THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!

Hello Jazzy,

I completely understand. Hair, especially black hair can be difficult to deal with. Since you have naturally curly hair, sport it. The natural look is in. One thing you might want to consider is twists. You can do this by buying afro-textured hair.

If you allow your natural hair to breathe, and get a professional trim, to cut your split ends, your hair will become more healthy. Putting a lot of heat in your hair can damage it. Make sure that your hair stays moist. Dry hair is more likely to break. Also, drinking water and taking vitamins will help your hair to become healthy.

By monitoring your nails and skin you can monitior the healthiness of your hair. So sport that natural look girl. Don't worry about it looking short. It is yours! However, if you get twists you can add the hair to make it longer. By the way, to keep it up make sure to wrap it with a scarf before you go to bed!

You can either go with your natural look, or try something different by trying the twists. I have actually considred getting twists myself. We will see how that goes!

I hope That Helps!

Chauntel
www.askchauntel.com
askchauntel@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment