Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Does he like me? – Dating Advice – Ask Chauntel


Anna writes:
Hi Chauntel,
Okay so there’s this guy at work and my brother also works there and he randomly told the guy that I liked him.. After that he kinda started teasing me copying what I say, spraying water at me, calling me names but he’s always smiling he seems to joke with every body but when we are alone he will start telling me information that I didn’t ask for like him and his girlfriend broke up and why. I added him on Facebook and he started teasing me on there a little bit and the next time we were at work he made a comment like “what are you stocking me now you added me on Facebook” he was laughing when he said it.. So my question is do you think he likes me I’m starting to really like me but I don’t want to waste my time on another person who doesn’t like me every one at work seems to think we like each other and the guy keeps asking if my brother and mom age still making jokes about people thinking we like each other so do you think he might like me or if he’s just joking around to make the time go by faster and should I make a move or let him make the next move.
Hi Anna,
It seems like he is interested in you. Guys don’t spend time talking to girls and being playful when they don’t have any interest in them.
As far as you waisting your time, you work with the guy so I doubt talking to him is such a waste of time. From the information that you have provided, I cannot confirm or deny if he likes you. However, I do encourage you to explore this more.
There is no harm in making time outside of work to hang out. That will give you a better feel for what is going on between the two of you. He could either be playfully flirting with you, or he could just be a funny guy who likes to play around often.
Please keep in mind that dating this guy could get really gummy. One, he seems to have a relationship with your brother. If you guys break-up and he and your brother are still friends that could be awkward. Also, you work together, and I am weary of matching business with pleasure. If it doesn’t work out between the two of you, you will still have to see him at work. It’s totally your call on if you want to take the risk of dating this guy and it being awkward on the chance that it doesn’t work out because of your ties to each other.
The best thing to do in this situation is spend some time getting to know him before you choose to leap right into  a relationship with him that you didn’t really want but were just curious about.
Take this thing slow, and choose wisely.
I Hope That Helps!
Chauntel
askchauntel@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment