Friday, November 23, 2012

I Want to Be a Star, but What is College?

8th Grade Mya writes:

Hi Chauntel,


I'm really focused on my future , My question is what is collage all about ? How to pick one ? What is a major ? Have a few more questions as well ...But I really LOVE music ! I'm really pationate about becoming a star , Should I start with YouTube ? This will be a great pleasure if you answer back !


Hello Mya,


I am so glad that you wrote me with this wonderful question. It gives me the opportunity to tell you how proud I am that you have chosen to take charge of your life at such a young age. College is an opportunity to gain an education that will provide you with stability for the future. However, book smarts is not the only thing you can  gain from a college education. It becomes a time where you learn about who you are as a person and helps you to find your path in life. If you love music than you should sing! Learn how to play an instrument, and learn to read music. This will help you in the future. And yes go for it! Start a youtube it  is a lot of fun and you will begin building your audience.


But  don't worry too much about making big decisions about college. You have plenty of time for that. The way you choose the right school for you is select a location where you would like to be and see if they have a program you are interested in. There are many schools, but you have to be sure to select the right one for you. That takes time and research. 

No comments:

Post a Comment