Tuesday, October 20, 2009

How to Get My Dad To Be Cool about Dating at 16

16-year-old Jess from Canada writes:

Hello Chauntel,

I got a big problem and I'm looking for advice. My dad is over protective of me just like almost every dad, I'm daddy's little girl and at most times I hate it. This all started back when my brother who is 18 become friends with Gary. Gary was then 18 and now 19. He used to come over all the time and hang out with my brother but then I always ended up hanging out with them too. I started to really like him and he started to really like me. So he started coming over more to hang out with me. My dad was starting to get unconfortable with this because he would say hes over to hang out with my brother which sometime he did. This started in September and then my dad put a stop to it on New years Eve. He said I wasn't aloud to see him again because he was sneaky because he would always come over and say hes there for my brother also I kinda sneaked him around which was a very bad idea, I tried to talk him out of it but nothing worked. My mom still let me see him sometimes though but then that got turned around acouple of weeks ago when his mom told my mom things that had happen with me and Gary so my mom made a complete stop to it. I'm not aloud to see him or talk to him even though I still do talk to him and she knows that and I also saw him acouple of times. I plan to tell my dad that I want to be able to see him and be friends with him when I'm 16 but I dont know if this will work or how I'm going to cause I'm scared. My mom also tells me to move on and that she is always right but I know she is still mad about the information she found out by his mom. But I'm pretty sure that if I get my dad to meet him and actually get things straightened out that things could get better, i really like this guy and i know for sure he does too, he would do anything for me including waiting for me if he had to.
Please get back to me and and let me know your advice
Thank you so much(:

Hello Jess,

Your best bet is to continue being friends with Gary. It doesn't sound like your dad is going to be up for you dating right now. I would give it time. In the meantime I would do things to make him proud and realize that you are maturing into a wise young lady.

I would try to get him to agree to let me date when I am 16. If he disapproves continue being sweet to him. Your time will come, and if Gary really likes and you really like him you will end up together at some point!

I Hope this helps (:

I Hope That Helps!
Chauntel


If you have any questions please feel free to email me.My mail address is askchauntel@gmail.com.
When you send a question include: 1.CodeName/Nickname2.State/Coutry3.Age Youtube.com/askchauntelmyspace.com/
askchauntelaskchauntel.blogspot.com
twitter.com/askchauntel

No comments:

Post a Comment