Saturday, September 22, 2012

Christian and Catholic Woman and a Man Who Doesn't Believe

17-year-old Diana from Virginia writes:

Hi Chauntel,


I seen all your videos in youtube and I really like them. I am in high school is my last year am a senior. I have been in a little long distance relationship with my boyfriend for the pass 2 years now and I have a little problem he is 18 years old. I am catholic will both catholic and Christian because some of my family are Christian. Yes I believe in god. My problem is that my boyfriend use to think negative lots of times and then he went back to Christianity and asepted god which am really happy and glad. But he is changing a little bit. But when he's with me he is sweet and sometimes when he is at his home he is like his attitude changes alittle. But I love that he protects me loves my mom and always is there for me when I need him. I would like to know what I might be doing wrong. 


Hi Diana,


Here is the hard cold truth. The Bible says that you are to be hot or cold or you will be spewed out of the mouth of God. What does this really mean?


It means that, God despises lukewarm. There is a reason for this. Nobody wants to be with anybody who is wishy-washy. Do you know why? It is because it will bring you down. It will cause unecssary drama that you do not need in your life.


This guy is not someone who is stable minded. There is a few verses in the book of Romans Chapter 8 that talk about a double-minded man. I encourage you to read that entire chapter. It is very, very informative.


The bottom line is, he needs to be strong within his faith if he is to be with you. If you are partnered with a man who is tobsy-tervy he is going to take you off of your path. You will end up resenting him in the future, and it won't work.


You can try to encourage him to seek God, but he has to want for himself.


So, you have to let him grow, and if you guys are ever on the same level in God then you can try again. I don't reccommend that you stay in this relationship; you will only be disappointed.


I Hope This Helps!


Chauntel

askchauntel@gmail.com
www.askchauntel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment